The Diary of Siralx Forestwalker
The book is a personal journal, full of mundane events, personal anecdotes, and the like. Included are entries about the author’s attempts to return the entity Caalix to the earth. His attempts seem to have started in 213PS (about 41 years ago).
Identified below are significant entries related to the entity and the quest.
- (41 years ago) Caalix, mighty rider, has spoken to me! He came to me in a dream last night, and his desires could not be more clear. He must return to earth, and punish the people whose lust for power caused the great cataclysm – humans!
- (38 years ago) No one knows how to contact great Caalix himself. Even those who style themselves his Hunt are simply mummers. His command burns in my mind, but he has not reached out to me again.
- (27 years ago, w/ a 5 year gap) Today I have been made a full acolyte of the Sylvan Wardens, and name “Forestwalker.” The druidic arts have awakened me to the speech of the trees, and they are wiser than we know. They will tell me how to find the spirit of Caalix.
- (20 years ago) Caalix! Great priest of the Mother, I don’t understand why you hide yourself from me. Come to me in dreams, mighty Hunter, and show me the way to Your essence.
- (The next night) My prayers are answered. Caalix’s spirit lays slumbering in the hands of pillaging humans. The hills will flow red with their blood until they give it up!
- (Several years of increasingly paranoid ranting)
- (Last year) At long last, your spirit has sung to me from the darkness, Caalix. I have found it, the altar-block of your lost temple. I will sing back to you, so you may know it is time.